How Text Messaging Works with PhotoDay
SMS SHORT CODE VS. SMS LONG CODE
PhotoDay uses a short code for all texts
How it works
Get permission and ask customers to opt-in
- Customers will be notified when the gallery is published or updated to AdvancePay
- Customers are prompted to make a credit purchase and are made aware of any special offers you’ve attached to AdvancePay
- AdvancePay Expiration – if your gallery has an expiration date set, PhotoDay will remind them a total of 3 times 7 days prior to expiration to use their credits
- Unused AdvancePay Credits – if there is no expiration date – PhotoDay will remind customers they have a credit to redeem 30, 60, and 90 days past publish date of that gallery
- Customers are notified photos are ready to view and purchase instantly when published
- Customers are reminded via SMS again on days 3, 5, 7, 14, and 30 – or until they make a purchase (then the texts stop!)
- AdvancePay purchasers are the only customers who receive reminders the gallery is expiring at this time
- If a customer opts into an expired gallery – they will be prompted to contact their photographer.
But wait - there’s more!
Once a customer places an order – They get another series of messages:
And once the lab ships their order: