If you’re a volume photographer, you know that snapping pictures of students and athletes is only a small facet of the overall job. What happens after the picture day is over, the photos are edited, the gallery is published, and the customers have ordered their prints and products? Shipping! PhotoDay’s e-commerce shopping options include direct-to-consumer drop shipping for all gallery types. Additionally, studios using Miller’s Professional Imaging and private galleries can also offer free bulk shipping to their customers. Bulk shipping allows studios to specify one shipping destination for all orders tied to a job to be shipped together—completely free and overnight. This feature will not only save you time and money, but it will delight your customers and organizations!
Why choose bulk shipping?
Long have photographers batched orders together and delivered them back to the schools, leagues, and other organizations. The free bulk shipping option for private galleries using Miller's to fulfill their orders reduces this process to the mere click of a button. Here are five reasons why bulk shipping is an ideal choice:
- Shipping is completely free—for you the studio and your customers!
- Overnight shipping once processed.
- Low bulk unit pricing with a minimum lab cost of $15 for the entire bulk order.
- Offer both bulk and drop shipping—if you’re torn between the two options, let each customer decide!
- Keep selling with drop shipping once the bulk order deadline has passed.
When to use bulk shipping?
Why choose bulk shipping instead of direct-to-customer shipping? Here are a few scenarios where choosing bulk over drop shipping might make sense for your studio:
- If one of your organizations is a school requesting a gallery of class photos to be shipped to their location so they can be manually handed out to students and parents.
- You want to offer your customers free shipping but don’t want to absorb the cost of offering a discount code.
- If you prefer to pass out fulfilled orders manually, you can use your studio or home address as the bulk shipment destination.
How it works—it’s easy!
Publishing a gallery with bulk shipping in PhotoDay is a quick and seamless process. With our easy-to-use platform, you can set it up yourself using our guide as a reference or book a one-on-one demo with our Customer Success Team for a walk-through. How to get started:
- Create a free PhotoDay account.
- Create a Miller’s price sheet with bulk shipping selected.
- Publish your private gallery and watch the sales roll in thanks to automatic email and text campaigns.
- As customers order, you can easily view and track them in the PhotoDay studio panel (more on that in the next section).
- When the deadline date passes, the bulk order processes automatically and ships overnight from Miller’s directly to the address you chose!
How does tracking work for bulk shipments?
Just because these orders are batched, doesn’t mean you lose any of the valuable insights PhotoDay offers! You can view all the details about your processed bulk shipments, as well as a list of every order included in each bulk shipment—all directly in the PhotoDay studio panel. Additionally, you can see every order’s associated sales information, shipping status, and tracking information.PhotoDay’s Reports section provides even further insight with detailed monthly reporting of your overall sales, orders, and products. You can view, compare, and export all for free.
Ready to try bulk shipping?
At this time, bulk shipping in PhotoDay is available exclusively for private gallery types with Miller’s. We know you’re going to love the combination of image-first online selling in our modern galleries and Miller’s quality products and swift turnaround time.PhotoDay allows you to say goodbye to additional work and equipment—this workflow is entirely free of QR codes, barcodes, and tethering. Explore all of our game-changing features including the magic of FaceFind and our Capture app. PhotoDay is free to use and you only pay when you sell, so no expensive licensing fees, contracts, subscriptions, or credit cards on file. The setup process is quick and easy—we’ll even walk you through it with a complimentary one-on-one demo!