Last Modified January 1, 2023
From time to time, we understand that you may want to refund a payment to your customers. We also realize that there are many possible reasons for this, so we wanted to make our refund policy as flexible as possible. Here’s what you need to know:
- You are in control. All refund requests must be initiated by you, the studio. You can visit our Refund Request Form to request a refund for any reason.
- PhotoDay will honor any refund requested by the studio and move as swiftly as possible to credit the funds back to your customer’s original payment method.
- We will deduct the requested refund amount from your Stripe account if the funds are available. If, however, those funds aren’t available, we will invoice you, the studio, for the refund amount plus the Stripe transaction fee. We won’t be able to credit your customer for the refund until those funds are made available to PhotoDay.
- For AdvancePay refunds, it is important to note that 50% of AdvancePay funds are held in escrow by PhotoDay until the credit expires. Credits expire 14 months after the purchase date - at which time the remaining funds are released to the studio. If you choose to refund an AdvancePay Credit prior to the expiration date, you (the studio) are responsible for the Stripe processing fee at 2.9% + $.30 per transaction. Your customer will receive 100% of their original purchase amount.
- For order refunds, it is important to note that an order is considered final as soon as the customer submits it in the PhotoDay system. Any product costs (by the lab or PhotoDay) and fees for the items ordered will continue to be charged to the studio - unless the studio and the customer is able to prove (with photos of the order) that the product arrived damaged or that there was an error in order fulfillment.
- If a product is damaged or there was an error in fulfillment (determined at the discretion of PhotoDay and the lab), please refer to the order in question under your Orders section and submit a Reprint Request. PhotoDay will then work with the lab to ensure a replacement order goes out at no additional cost.
- If the customer wants to change their order for any reason, the studio, at its discretion, will tell the customer to place a new order. The studio can then request a refund for the original order, using the Refund Request form.
- If a customer forgets to use a coupon, this will be considered a changed order. Follow the procedure outlined in #7 (above).
- We recommend you keep a minimum balance of $50-$100 in your Stripe account at all times to ensure that refunds get processed as quickly as possible.
- For all order refunds, the original transaction fees (paid to Stripe and PhotoDay) will not be credited back to the studio.
We hope this sheds some light on PhotoDay’s refund policy and procedure. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!